CRITICS CHOICE ASSOCIATION
Thank you for your interest in the Critics Choice Association (formerly the Broadcast Film Critics Association).
Applicants for CCA membership must be working film critics whose coverage of a broad range of films in current theatrical release is broadcast or distributed on a regular basis to a wide audience on Television, Radio, or Online.
- Entertainment reporters or celebrity interviewers who are not also film critics do not qualify.
- Radio critics must be broadcast on a station in a major city or have several additional outlets in a number of cities.
- Online critics must be a primary critic on their site.
All applicants must:
- Have a history of at least one year of reviews on their current outlet.
- Demonstrate that they review movies on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Review a broad range of films, or have an acknowledged specialization in a genre, such as Documentaries.
- Furnish independent, authoritative, and verifiable metrics for their reviews, ideally via Google Analytics.
- Include current, clearly defined and reliable directions to their reviews, whether links, mp3s or specific web address.
- Be prepared to present samples of their work at CCA request.
- Understand that professional behavior is mandated and acceptance is at the discretion of the board, as is expulsion.
If you feel you qualify for CCA membership and are interested in becoming a member, please contact membership director Sara Voorhees at [email protected]