BROADCAST FILM CRITICS ASSOCIATION
Thank you for your interest in the Broadcast Film Critics Association.
Applicants for BFCA membership must be working film critics whose coverage of a broad range of films in current theatrical release is broadcast or distributed on a regular weekly basis to a wide audience on Television, Radio, or Online.
- Entertainment reporters or celebrity interviewers who are not also film critics do not qualify.
- Radio critics must be broadcast on a station in a major city or have several additional outlets in a number of cities.
- Online critics must be the primary critic on their site (BFCA admits only one critic per site)
All applicants must:
- Have a history of at least one year of reviews on their current site
- Demonstrate that they review movies on a regularly scheduled weekly basis
- Review a broad range of films rather that specific genres such as superhero, animated or blockbuster films
- Furnish independent, authoritative, and verifiable metrics for their reviews, ideally via Google Analytics
- Include current, clearly defined and reliable directions to their reviews, whether links, mp3s or specific web
- Be prepared to present clips of their work at our request.
- Understand that professional behavior is mandated. Acceptance is at the discretion of the board, as is expulsion.
If you feel you qualify for BFCA membership and are interested in becoming a member, please contact membership director Sara Voorhees at [email protected]